Monday, July 14, 2008

Sugar Creek Arts Festival in Normal IL

We had some fun Sunday. I suspect the downpour on Saturday kept some vendors away, as there were empty spaces. Here are my 2 favorites.
This painter was selling stylized portaits of women and girls. Prices were 800-900 bucks a painting, and I dont think she sold much, then again, I suspect few people did.



A beautiful baby. Babies and pooches were the status symbols of the day it seemed.

The lovely Karen Fiorino of Makanda Illinois. Her pots were superb, wish I bought one.

I really liked her platter with the cat and birds. Her work is exuberant!

Leah and Sparky sit on a wall on our way to the quad where the festival was held.

Hubby adjusts Sparky's collar, he was afraid he would slip out and into harms way.

A chinese crested.

My kid wanted me to take pics of these green cones, I have no clue why.

2 comments:

Peng Peng said...

Hey p, looks like a fun time in Normal, IL! Can't resist a summer art fair, nor green cones (??) LOL! stay cool.. it's over 90 in chi-town!

vintagepaletteart said...

Hi Pam! What fun! Wish I could have been there to go with you!

Now you know why Joyce is into the doll making and not her painting anymore! Look at what she makes a week on her dolls compared to the time that she puts into a painting. It's sad actually..........=o(

And omg.....I didn't even recognize Leah! Look how grown up she looks!

Hugs! *Lori