Sunday, March 16, 2008

And baby makes 3







DOGS!!! My husband and daughter love to visit the no kill shelter at our local shopping mall. I can't tell you how many times they have called from there, begging to bring someone home! This time they sent me pictures, courtesy of our new phone. Well that was it. He looked a lot like a dog we used to have, Princess, who has gone over the rainbow bridge. I told my hubby fine, bring him home. Guess what?? He had to THINK aBOUT IT over night! Today we all went together and brought him home. He's a natural fit. He was neutered already, and had his first round of shots. But I think he has ear mites, so I am calling the vet tomorrow.
He looks like a dachshund and beagle mix, so I dont think he will get much bigger, since his teeth are coming in, and he has a lot of muscle. He jumps on furniture with ease, and he is short haired, so I think he has spent the winter in a house. He sure fit right in, except Miss Dash the cat was none too pleased!
One nice thing, he seems to like all of us. Puppy love again here on the farm. Now we have 3 dogs. I think that's enough already.
postscript: Sparky is fine! No earmites, I guess those are more likely to infest cats. The vet confirmed he is 4 or 5 months old. We are trying to teach him housebreaking. I am guessing this is why he was dumped onto a street, they didnt bother to train him, and got tired of it. We are crate training him, and he is dry all night. He adores my daughter, and runs to her and follows her everywhere. Trouble is, she isnt diligent about taking him outside, and waiting for him to go potty. I am now training a kid and a dog about housebreaking! Wish me luck. She said "But mom, its raining!" My response, "Better get your umbrella!"

1 comment:

vintagepaletteart said...

Too funny Pam! lol He's sure a cutie! Congrats on the newest family member!

Hugs! *Nana